Friday, June 25, 2010

hakuna matata

Another thing I love? Disney movies. So much truth (and entertainment)!

This week, I gained. And not just .2, which I wouldn't even consider a gain. I gained 1.2lbs. I have several theories on this.

Theory 1: I didn't drink enough water.

The daily recommendation for water is 6-8 8oz glasses per day. However, I've also heard that you should drink roughly half your weight in oz of water. So really I should be drinking like 95oz instead of 48-64oz. I slacked this week. Did you know that coffee =/= water? Yeah. This week my goal is to refill my water bottle twice each day (so 3 32oz bottles).


<---
Look at me, I love water!



Theory 2: My day of not eating finally caught up with me.


One day last week (well, 2 weeks ago but the week leading up to last week's weigh-in) I ate about 7pts the entire day. No I was not trying to starve myself. I just didn't feel well. That probably contributed to my loss last week, kind of how when you're sick you lose a bunch of weight. But just like when you're sick, I gained that weight back. It was a false loss. They say sometimes it takes a week for your eating habits to catch up with you. I guess I had it coming.

Theory 3: I ate all of my weeklies and a couple APs, and ate some of them on Monday
.

Normally I use my weeklies Fri/Sat, and maybe a few on Sunday. It doesn't seem to matter how many of them I use; if I only use them the first couple days of my week, I lose at WI. That's just the pattern I've gotten into, and it works for me. It encourages me to eat really well most days and only indulge when I really feel the need to. But not whenever I want to. See the difference? It teaches me restraint. What a concept!

I came up with these theories this morning while I was a bit miffed about the gain. Justification always makes me feel better, if only temporarily. This week, I'm trying something new. In addition to tracking normally (I write everything down in a notebook in addition to tracking online, which stemmed from an unreliable internet source but has now turned to habit), I'm going to track how many filling foods I'm eating. So next to the points value for every food I'm noting if it's SFT. I'm also adding up both sets of points. Eventually I'd like to transition to doing Simply Filling, but the last time I tried it I failed miserably. This time I want to be prepared!

SO. I'm leaving last week behind and focusing on the new week ahead of me.

Hakuna Matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment