Thursday, July 29, 2010

on the beach house

Our Beach House is my happy place. When I drive up to the House I immediately feel all of the tension and worry leave my head, which is a pretty wonderful feeling if you ask me. Walking in? That's like a little piece of heaven. I have no idea what it is about this House that gives it this quality, but it happens every time. Maybe it's the pink furniture in my bed room, or possibly the large fish sculpture thing hanging on the wall that is placed just perfectly so it looks like it's eating the lamp over the kitchen table. Who knows.

We're leaving for the beach at some point today. Some point soon. This departure time kind of hinges on me going to put gas in my brother's car (which will be making the journey). I've been sitting at my computer for an hour instead doing pretty much nothing. Apparently I'm already in beach mode. We still have to get there. Stupid 2 hour drive!

One of the first things I want to do when we get there (besides unpacking, Dad! I promise) is go for a nice, flat run. Our neighborhood here is a bit hilly, which makes for a lot of walking breaks. I would much rather run farther on a flat surface than walk lots of hills! Now don't get me wrong, I try to run the hills...try being the operative word. It's just such a huge expenditure of energy, and when I'm not carrying water with me it makes me too tired to start running again and then my 5k turns into a 3k. No bueno.

So someone ask me if I ran today! Because while at the moment I may be super incredibly excited to run, once I get to the beach house I may feel the relaxation set in so strongly that I won't want to leave. Because I could seriously not leave that house for a week. Beach? What's that? People think I'm crazy, but just visit the House and you'll see what I mean. For serious.

Oh yeah, and I lost the 3lbs I gained last week! Take that, sodium gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment