Monday, December 6, 2010

santa shuffle 5k


Look at me, I'm so awesome!

So. Santa Shuffle 5k. Very cold, lots of hills, slightly odd. First, we met at one place and were walked to the starting line a few minutes from the meeting place, 15 minutes before the race. In 30ish degree weather. With no bathrooms. We start running and it's a pretty peaceful course. We ran straight down one street for most of the race. This street ran through a nice, quiet residential neighborhood. For the most part it was fine, but towards the end, once people started waking up, we had some issues. People wanted to go out and do errands! The audacity of them! So we had a couple cars who participated in the race. Fun times.

My final chip time was 40.59, 15sec faster than the Rockville 5k a month ago. I'm not sure that my pace really picked up, so much as there was this one monster hill which I took advantage of and picked up some speed and time on the way down. I walked most of the way back up, because it just seemed silly to run a steep hill and lose all energy for the last mile. I'm going to continue running the hills in my neighborhood so one day I can do the hill AND the last mile! Fancy that.

Maybe, if you're lucky, I'll tell you about what I did after the race! I've got pictures but my camera is all the way across the house. Not happenin'.

2 comments:

  1. You could have *run* and got your camera. See that? A pun. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work! You ARE awesome!!

    ReplyDelete