You'll understand that deep breath in just a second, I promise.
I haven't written in a couple weeks. Partially because I'm lazy, but 99% because this is what has happened in my life these past few weeks (ready, go!):
- I developed super severe laryngitis and had to work through it. I was almost as useless as a mime for a few days.
- I went to the doctor for said laryngitis because it stuck around for 4-5 days, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't something more.
- I got antibiotics for the sinus infection the doctor found while I was there for the laryngitis.
- I worked some more.
- I ate a lot of soup with my mom, who couldn't chew anything. Like, nothing. Literally.
- I came home from work with a 100* fever last week.
- I had an absolutely useless interview.
- I cried about it, I slept it off, and then went to the hospital with my parents so my mom could get her mouth fixed (she's fine, folks!)
- I started running a fever again at the hospital.
- I finally went back to the doctor on Sunday because I had a 104 fever, only to find out I'm pretty allergic to the antibiotics I was taking. Awesome!
- I'm now on day off number 5, after getting my last two shifts covered. It's actually been kind of nice.
- I ate some more soup with my mom. Lots of orange soup. We seem to have an affinity for orange soups.
Basically, the last couple weeks have been all sorts of awesome. As far as WW goes, I didn't track at all from the time we left for the hospital on Friday until last night (and I actually put in everything from the weekend yesterday). I came up super short Saturday and Sunday, which is probably a huge reason (that and the boat loads of water I drank) for my 5.6lb loss yesterday morning. Now if only I could keep it off...
Countdown to my next 5k = roughly 6 weeks. Am I prepared? Not in the slightest. As soon as I don't look like I have a bad bout of sun poisoning, I think I'll go for a run.
Hopefully I won't have to wear all this next time. As hot as I may look...