Friday, October 14, 2011

i'd rather be the tortoise.

This morning, I stepped on the scale for my weekly WI.

-.2.

Yes, there's a period in front of that 2.

I want to get mad at that number, but then I remember that I had Panera mac and cheese for dinner last night. I think the fact that I lost anything is a damn miracle.

I want to "woe is me" to everyone I talk to, but then I see the post-it taped to my desk in front of my computer (intentionally and strategically placed) where I'm recording each WI, starting from the Friday after I returned from Europe and recommitted myself to finishing this thing. I realize that not only have I either maintained or lost every week since (which is a feat in and of itself), but my average loss is right at .5lbs/week. Sure, it might be 2lbs one week and nothing the next, but overall I'm losing within the healthy range. I may not get to my goal tomorrow, or even next week, but I'm moving in the right direction, and I'll get there someday.

That's something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment