Thursday, October 6, 2011

vacation is sexy, part 2a. vienna, in pictures.

The perfect travel partners: iPad, chocolate and water.

The 5yr old in me made me do it
My first (and only) schnitzel experience. It's like a crispy chicken sandwich, but without the lettuce and tomato.
Down the hill from the hostel, about a 20 minute walk, is where the architecture picks up in beauty.



Do you know how hard it is to take a picture across the street from a statue when said street is a major road and you don't want any cars in the picture? Really hard.

Gardens at the Palace (aka the place where I needed to sit and rest my feet because I had been walking for hours in really cute sandals with absolutely no support. Sneakers be damned!)



The museum I spent hours on my poor feet looking for, which ended up not being what I was actually looking for in the first place. Did you know that Judenplatz (location of Holocaust memorial) and Judisches Museum are two completely different places? I had no idea. That's what I get for not stopping to ask for directions.

Lippizaner Stallions!




Apparently in German, "latte" translates to "shot of espresso with cream on the side"
One of the best croissants (and fried eggs, though you can't see those) ever. Seriously. Also, note the super awesome camera skills! Perspective makes me happy.
coolest.place.ever. This is an open house-type structure in the Museum Quarter with a whole bunch of hammocks open to the public. Pretty sure over half of the pictures I took in Vienna took place here.







I know what "schmuck" means in Yiddish, and Yiddish is part German. Does this really mean what I think it does?
Holocaust memorial. Powerful stuff.
Imagine this picture isn't sideways, because I'm too lazy to rotate it. Street noodles = delish.
Spaetzel! This, I get excited for. We had savory with cheese and onion, and sweet with cinnamon sugar and strawberry.
Fried donut things.      

No comments:

Post a Comment