Tuesday, July 13, 2010

i'm alive, i swear! part 2

The past few days have been ridiculously busy! I flew in on Friday at 4:30pm, had dinner with the fam, slept, and was up the next morning at 7am to go to Baltimore for the weekend. No sleep until about 1am Saturday night, only to be up again around 8 Sunday morning. Lots of people to see, lots of food to eat, lots of fun! Sunday night we had a graduation/birthday party for the brother, which was great. I love that I was able to see pretty much everyone in the span of 2 days! Exhausting, but very efficient. And I'm all about efficiency.

I thought the food situation would be a nightmare since I knew I wouldn't be home at all the first few days, but I'd say I actually did pretty well! I wasn't able to eat my usual 3 meals and a snack or two, but I stayed relatively within my points and didn't just eat a bunch of crap. The party was catered by a fabulous restaurant in the area that does Mediterranean/mostly Greek tapas, and I totally could have eaten my weight in their food. Luckily I hadn't seen any of the people invited in 9 months, and every time I took a bite of food someone would come talk to me. We would chat for 15-20 minutes, in which time I would set my plate down somewhere because who can give a proper hug with only one arm? Once we finished talking I would find my plate, take one bite of food, and be approached by another friend or family member. If that's not the best form of portion control out there, I'm not sure what is! Maybe I should go away more often.

Today I had my first doctor's appointment since I started WW (I was supposed to have one before I left for London but the scheduling didn't work out). She was very pleased with my weight loss to date, and my continued efforts! It was the first doctor's visit I've been to (that I can remember) where I weighed less than I did the previous visit. So I'm pretty pleased with myself! Am I where I wanted to be at this point? Heck no. But I'm definitely a lot closer to my goal than to where I started, and that's pretty darn good.

Tomorrow I start work, wish me luck! I'll be surrounded by my favorite pizza for 6 weeks. I need some strong willpower...

No comments:

Post a Comment