Monday, January 3, 2011

happy new year, and all that jazz.

Last night, I opened my Google Reader for the first time in almost a week. Apparently I've been busy. The theme of the week was looking back on the year and new years resolutions. I loved reading over everyone's memories and goals, and I'm excited to see how this year turns out. 
 
Today, I'm too lazy to write a lot. Lucky for me, I wrote down some stuff last week that I think can be construed as a new year's resolution. I'm not generally one for making them, because just as I believe you shouldn't only have one day a year to show your significant other you care, there shouldn't be one day a year to start fresh. 
 
Ok maybe they're on different levels. I guess there's just an even break over New Year's to separate yourself from your past, which you may not necessarily feel from say, November 12. But I'm really good at making excuses, so the idea of starting fresh in January just gives me an excuse to wait until January.

So...first week review of switching things up on the plan. It was totally freeing starting on a Monday. I ate a few weekly points almost every day, but overall I only used about 20-25 (I had to estimate a couple things this weekend). I was a little worried about how WI would turn out because I had two New Year's parties this weekend, but I actually lost 1.4 this morning! Mood = ecstatic. I feel more lifestyle-y as opposed to diet-y. I didn't eat too much as a result of feeling restricted by not using my weeklies during the work week, thinking that my body lost better when I didn't use them. Now, I use them in sensible amounts so I don't feel deprived, but I don't feel the urge to go crazy either. 

Anyhoo, I think I'm done. Happy New Year and whatnot!

No comments:

Post a Comment